By Mayo Clinic Staff members
This dry rub is impressed by the scorching and spicy taste of jerk seasoning.
Number of servings
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- one teaspoon ground allspice
- one teaspoon ground cinnamon
- one/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- one/2 teaspoon onion powder
- one/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- one/four teaspoon cayenne pepper
- one/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- three/four teaspoon salt, divided
- one/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- one pork tenderloin, about one pound, trimmed of seen extra fat
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- one one/2 teaspoons darkish honey
- one teaspoon tomato paste
In a smaller bowl, mix the brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cloves, one/2 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Rub the spice combination about the pork and enable stand for 15 minutes.
In yet another smaller bowl, mix the vinegar, honey, tomato paste and the remaining one/four teaspoon salt. Whisk to blend. Established apart.
Get ready a scorching fireplace in a charcoal grill or warmth a gasoline grill or broiler (grill) to medium-higher or 400 F. Away from the warmth source, frivolously coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack four to six inches from the warmth source.
Place the pork on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil at medium-higher warmth, turning several situations, until eventually browned on all sides, three to four minutes total. Eliminate to a cooler part of the grill or minimize the warmth and go on cooking for fourteen to sixteen minutes.
Baste with the vinegar-honey glaze and go on cooking until eventually the pork is slightly pink within and an instant-go through thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads one hundred sixty F, three to four minutes longer. Transfer to a reducing board and enable awesome for 5 minutes just before slicing.
To provide, slice the pork tenderloin crosswise into sixteen parts and set up on a warmed serving platter, or divide the slices amongst particular person plates.
Dietary analysis for every serving
Serving dimension: four slices
- Cholesterol 74 mg
- Calories 143
- Sodium 509 mg
- Whole extra fat 2.5 g
- Whole carbohydrate six g
- Saturated extra fat one g
- Nutritional fiber one g
- Trans extra fat Trace
- Extra sugars .5 g
- Monounsaturated extra fat one g
- Protein 24 g
- Whole sugars .5 g
- Sweets one/2
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Protein and dairy one
- Sweets one/2
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Sweets, desserts and other carbohydrates one/2
This recipe is just one of 150 recipes gathered in “The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook,” revealed by Mayo Clinic Health and fitness Information and facts and Oxmoor Property, and winner of a James Beard award.