By Mayo Clinic Staff
Paella is a saffron-flavored rice dish created with meat, seafood and veggies. This adaptation employs brown rice, tarragon and rooster.
Quantity of servings
- Healthful carb
- Higher Fiber
- one teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- one smaller onion, sliced
- 2 leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- three garlic cloves, minced
- one pound boneless, skinless rooster breast, slice into strips
- 2 substantial tomatoes, chopped
- one red pepper, sliced
- 2/three cup brown rice
- one teaspoon tarragon, or to flavor
- 2 cups unwanted fat-cost-free, unsalted rooster broth
- one cup frozen peas
- one/four cup chopped fresh new parsley
- one lemon, slice into four wedges
In a substantial, nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil above medium heat. Incorporate the onion, leeks, garlic and rooster. Saute until the veggies are translucent and rooster is a bit browned, about 5 minutes.
Incorporate the tomatoes and red pepper and continue on to saute an additional 5 minutes. Incorporate rice, tarragon and broth and combine properly. Carry to a boil.
Lower heat, cover and simmer about ten minutes. Stir in peas and continue on to simmer uncovered until broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
To serve, divide amongst four individual plates. Garnish every single with one tablespoon parsley and one lemon wedge.
Nutritional examination for each serving
Serving size: About four ounces rooster and 2 cups rice and veggies
- Cholesterol eighty three mg
- Energy 369
- Sodium 182 mg
- Total unwanted fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 46 g
- Saturated unwanted fat one g
- Dietary fiber 7 g
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Additional sugars g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat 2 g
- Protein 35 g
- Total sugars 8 g
- Protein and dairy one.5
- Vegetables three
- Carbohydrates 2
- Grains and grain products and solutions 2
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Vegetables three
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Nonstarchy veggies three
- Starches 2
July 14, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Meals Lover’s Companion. third ed. New York, N.Y.: Barron’s Academic Series Inc. 2001:436.