By Mayo Clinic Team
This mix of significant fiber and protein is a great recipe for hunger handle.
Selection of servings
- Significant Fiber
- Balanced carb
- six entire-grain corn tortillas (six-inch diameter)
- one can (fifteen ounces) lessened-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- one teaspoon ground cumin
- six significant eggs or one one/2 cups egg substitute
- one/2 cup grated lessened-unwanted fat cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- six tablespoons procured new salsa
Heat oven to 350 F. Spray six (8-ounce) custard cups with cooking spray and spot on a cookie sheet.
Spot tortillas in the microwave and warmth for about 25 seconds or until finally they are heat and versatile. Carefully press a tortilla into each cup. Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray.
Spot beans in a modest bowl and mash coarsely with a fork or potato masher. Increase cumin and stir until finally merged.
Spoon the bean combination into tortillas, dividing evenly. Crack one egg into each tortilla on major of the beans.
Spot cookie sheet with egg cups in the oven and bake for about 24 to 27 minutes, or until finally the egg whites are set and the yolks are smooth.
Sprinkle each egg with grated cheese and return to oven for an added minute or until finally the cheese is melted.
Get rid of eggs from oven and run a table knife around the tortillas to loosen them from the custard cups. Then transfer to plates. Leading with new salsa and serve promptly.
Nutritional assessment per serving
Serving dimensions: one filled tortilla
- Cholesterol a hundred ninety mg
- Energy 292
- Sodium 614 mg
- Whole unwanted fat 10.5 g
- Whole carbohydrate 32 g
- Saturated unwanted fat four.5 g
- Nutritional fiber nine g
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Added sugars g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat three.5 g
- Protein seventeen g
- Whole sugars 2 g
- Potassium 452 mg
- Starches 2
- Meat and meat substitutes one one/2
- Grains and grain products and solutions one
- Meats, poultry and fish one
- Dairy meals (very low-unwanted fat or unwanted fat-totally free) one/2
- Nuts, seeds and dry beans one/2
Nov. thirteen, 2021