By Mayo Clinic Staff
Scampi ordinarily refers to shrimp covered in butter. This version replaces fifty percent of the butter with olive oil.
Variety of servings
- eight ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 kilos substantial shrimp, peeled and deveined
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- one/4 cup chopped shallots or environmentally friendly onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- one/4 cup chopped parsley
- one/4 teaspoon salt
- Floor black pepper, to flavor
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fill a substantial pot 3/4 comprehensive with water and convey to a boil. Include the pasta and cook in accordance to bundle instructions. Drain the pasta completely.
Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a substantial saucepan over medium heat. Include the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on every side. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and keep heat.
Include garlic and shallots to the saucepan and cook till fragrant, about 10 seconds. Include lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and brandy or sherry, if sought after.
Take away the saucepan from the heat. Include the cooked shrimp additionally 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Toss till shrimp are coated with sauce.
Divide pasta amongst warmed specific bowls. Top rated with shrimp and sauce. Serve instantly.
Nutritional evaluation for every serving
Serving dimensions: one cup pasta and shrimp
- Complete unwanted fat 12 g
- Energy 376
- Protein 36 g
- Cholesterol 254 mg
- Complete carbohydrate 31 g
- Dietary fiber 2 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat six g
- Saturated unwanted fat 4 g
- Added sugars g
- Sodium 344 mg
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Potassium 537 mg
- Complete sugars 2 g
- Protein and dairy one
- Fats 2.5
- Carbohydrates 2
- Meat and meat substitutes 3
- Fats 2.5
- Starches 2
- Grains and grain solutions 2
- Meats, poultry and fish 3
- Fats and oils 2.5
Aug. 10, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foods Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Educational Collection 2001:550.