By Mayo Clinic Staff members
Stone-floor cornmeal is a great resource of nutrition, like fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Amount of servings
- one cup all-objective flour
- one/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- one cup extra fat-absolutely free milk
- 4 tablespoons (or one/4 cup) vegetable oil
- one/2 cup egg substitute
- one one/4 cups stone-floor cornmeal
- one cup fresh new or cream-design corn
- one/2 eco-friendly bell pepper, chopped
Heat the oven to 400 F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a significant bowl, increase the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to mix evenly.
In a different bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and eco-friendly pepper. Include to the flour combination and blend just until eventually moistened but even now a little lumpy.
Divide the combination amid the twelve muffin liners. Bake twenty minutes or until eventually muffins are light brown.
Dietary examination per serving
Serving sizing: one muffin
- Overall extra fat five g
- Energy 168
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Overall carbohydrate 26 g
- Nutritional fiber one.five g
- Monounsaturated extra fat 2 g
- Saturated extra fat one g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans extra fat g
- Additional sugars 4 g
- Overall sugars seven g
- Grains and grain solutions 2
- Fat and oils one
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Educational Collection 2001:165.