By Mayo Clinic Employees
Frittata is an Italian omelet with the elements combined into the eggs rather than currently being folded inside. This model employs egg whites rather of total eggs to lower the calories, fats and cholesterol.
Selection of servings
- 1/two eco-friendly or purple bell pepper, diced
- four fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 1/two cup)
- six egg whites
- 1/two cup salsa, reserve two tablespoons for garnish
- 1/two cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat the broiler. Place the rack four inches from the heat supply.
Flippantly coat a weighty, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Put on the stove more than medium heat and add peppers and mushrooms. Saute until finally greens are tender, about 5 minutes.
In a smaller bowl, whisk jointly the egg whites and 1/two cup of the salsa. Pour the egg white mixture into the skillet with the greens and cook dinner until finally partially established, about 5 minutes. Do not try to blend or scramble the mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Put the skillet under the broiler and cook dinner until finally the cheese is melted and eggs are established, about 5 minutes.
Divide the frittata in fifty percent and spoon onto unique plates. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon salsa and provide instantly.
Dietary assessment per serving
Serving dimensions: Half of frittata
- Total fats ten g
- Energy 189
- Protein 19 g
- Cholesterol 30 mg
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Dietary fiber two g
- Monounsaturated fats three g
- Saturated fats 5 g
- Trans fats Trace
- Sodium 699 mg
- Additional sugars g
- Total sugars four g
- Potassium 430 mg
- Protein and dairy 1.5
- Greens 1
- Meat and meat substitutes two
- Nonstarchy greens 1
- Meats, poultry and fish 1
- Greens 1
- Dairy food items (very low-fats or fats-cost-free) 1
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foods Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Instructional Series 2001:250.