Urine generally has a unique odor, but below typical situation, the odor is reasonably moderate and not too obvious. Selected problems, even so, could bring about your urine to have an strange or uncomfortable odor, which could elevate issues about a issue or abnormality.
Sept. 21, 2021
- Brunzel NA. Physical evaluation of urine. In: Fundamentals of Urine and Overall body Fluid Analysis. 4th ed. Elsevier 2018.
- McPherson RA, et al., eds. Henry’s Clinical Prognosis and Administration by Laboratory Approaches. 23rd ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Shirasu M, et al. The scent of ailment: Volatile natural compounds of the human human body linked to ailment and disorder. The Journal of Biochemistry. 2011150:257.
- Chernecky CC, et al., eds. Urinalysis. In: Laboratory Checks and Diagnostic Procedures. sixth ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders Elsevier 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 11, 2016.
- Wilkinson JM (qualified opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. thirteen, 2016.